More Weight savings required !! Help please..

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

neilyoung123

by neilyoung123

Hi guys - I am just looking for your views please.. I am currently down to 8.5kg or 18.73lbs on my Marin Team TI.. Pics attached but for info I am running a 1x10 set up, Rock Shox SID WC, Stans Podiums with DT Swiss 240 hubs, FSA K force light bars and stem, Thomson Masterpiece, Selle Italia SLR saddle - let me know if you need more information on parts however without changing the frame where can more weight be saved? I am thinking lighter cassette, DT Swiss XRC forks?

Look forward to your thoughts.. thanks again

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AdyM

by AdyM

What cranks?
Raceface Next SL with a direct mount ring from absolute black is pretty much the lightest on the market, apart from the exotic claviculas etc.

Lighter seatpost? Full carbon saddle?

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

Yes XX cassette would drop some weight, lighter seat post. Don't know your full build list so can't make many other recommendations. I would base the decision on switching to the DT Swiss fork on how much flex you feel you can tolerate in a fork, i.e. if you flex your SID a lot atm then it probably isn't worth switching. If you want to be really nit-picky you could save a bit if you changed hubs, providing you don't mind rebuilding the wheels.
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

Jaker

by Jaker

Lighter hubs?

TheRookie

by TheRookie

Brakes, cables, tyres, Once you get to that weight, sweating the detail counts big, minimising cable lengths for example, ally bolts in the clamps for brake/shifter, seatpost clamp, etc etc
Impoverished weight weenie wanna-be!
Budget 26" HT build viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110956

jooo

by jooo

AdyM wrote:Raceface Next SL with a direct mount ring from absolute black is pretty much the lightest...

Except that this combo does not exist :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com