UPDATE!!! remote lockout levers forFox shocks

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

02GF74

by 02GF74

what are the alternatives to a Shimano remote lock out lever for Fox shocks? I would like to position the remote lever outboard of the brake lever - it is fitted in between the brake nad gear shifter clamps at present.

let's see if I can upload photo witthout explorer hanging up.

... or how easy is it to fit the fork leg lock out lever? Ok so it is not as convenient but I have a bike with this arrangmenet and get on swell with it. ..... and ofcourse that will be lighter.
Last edited by 02GF74 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

02GF74

by 02GF74

photo added, success!!!
Attachments
DSC08169.JPG

02GF74

by 02GF74

I spotted a Suntour (admittedly not as sexy as Shimano or Fox) lockout on ebay that has a band to attach to bars which means it should be able to fit under the shifter window and be fitted inboard of the shifter.

Received it in the post today and fitted it this evening - was expecting it to be cheap and nasty plastic affair but surprisingly it is alloy - wieghs 42g with the cable. It sits inboard of the shifter so now the shifter and brake levers are closer together - great :thumbup: , since previously the remote sitting in between them meant that the two were further apart, so much so that the 2 way shifter levers only worked in one direction due to the brake lever body getting in the way. :twisted:

The amount if throw for the two remotes is about the same - fitted the cable to the Fox forks and they lock out perfectly first time, no need for any fiddling.

So if you have Fox forks with remote lockout, Shimano shifters and Formula R1 brakes, you may wish to change the remote for a Suntour, see photo.
Attachments
DSC08251.JPG

fskywalker

by fskywalker

Nice find! I will use a Suntour on my daughter's Fox fork :D