XTR 2015

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

hjb1000

by hjb1000

It seems the ETA on the Race 1x11 cranks is now Jan or Feb which is a bit disappointing. Any news on this?

Also what is going on with the double cranksets- the original images suggested hollow teeth and Titanium. But the new images now look like M980 teeth and presumably aluminum? If so that sucks.

Old:

New:

greg755

by greg755

I'm not certain, but I believe that in the above photos the one with the hollow teeth is the race version (FC-M9000) and the other photo is the trail version (FC-M9020)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Anyone can point me to an online retailer with the race 2x version in stock ?

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

@LionelB

Depending on what chainring option you want, Bike24 has some in stock.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

hjb1000

by hjb1000

greg755 wrote:I'm not certain, but I believe that in the above photos the one with the hollow teeth is the race version (FC-M9000) and the other photo is the trail version (FC-M9020)

Ah, that would explain it then, thanks.
So Race double will retain the hollow teeth... good!

nspace

by nspace

Hollow teeth...looks like a great place to trap mud!

DanW

by DanW

I've just fitted M9000 shifters and (GS) mech to my XX1 setup. Works perfectly, the shifting is far better. It was absolutely flawless racing yesterday, the XX1 (with Grip Shift) was much sloppier shifting, particularly in the middle of the block.

Very pleased with the change.

This is awesome news. I really miss the quality feel of a Shimano drivetrain but also love the range of XX1. Best of both worlds by the sound of it! A few g's dropped too switching to an XTR mech and shifter :D As soon as I can find a good enough excuse to chuck the plasticy XX1 mech and shifter I think I'll be making this change :thumbup:

portiabaines

by portiabaines

Hi,

I've been lucky enough to have had the new XTR Di2 1x11 shifter, cassette, display and rear mech running on my 26inch Scott Scale RC for just under a month now. I had to modify the frame slightly and there's still a little bit of work to do but here's some pictures for you to have a look over below:-

Rear mech (short cage version)

Frame modified for Di2 cable

Shifter and display

Sorry about the dirty bike but it's getting well used at the moment.

I'll try and post some pictures of my other Scott Scale which I've converted to XTR Di2 as well. I'm just running 1x11 with older XTR chainsets as the new XTR chainrings are too low geared for me. The RC is running a 38T Wolf Tooth anti drop chain ring

Does anyone know if there's plans to bring out a 11 speed cassette which is more aimed at 26inch bikes like mine as I haven't used 1st gear yet?
Regards

Portia Baines

Benno

by Benno

To be honest after owning my first DuraAce Di2 road bike I am having second thoughts about Di2 XTR. Don't get me wrong, it is very good in almost all areas except shifting speed. I shift gears a lot, especially on my mountain bike as I run road cassettes so need to dump gears quite frequently. I can say that mechanical XTR is amazing, much much better than mechanical DA. I think with mechanical XTR having instant and dual release it would be impossible for Di2 XTR to match the speed of mechanical.
I'm sure I'll have to try Di2 out but unlike the road stuff I am very happy with how shimano mechanical mountain stuff works.
Last edited by Benno on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benno

by Benno

For the record my Di2 mtb setup would be one XTR shifter, 2x XTR front derailleur with 24/38 rings, DA rear derailleur, and DA 11-28 cassette.

Jaroslaw

by Jaroslaw

Slightly off-topic: I have been thinking of getting a Stages power meter in the XTR 2015 version and 2015 Race crankset to match.
However, I would want to keep the rest of 980 series XTR, which is 10-speed, on the bike for a while (it's 1-year old and shows almost no signs of wear and tear).
Would that setup work or is the 2015 crankset 11-speed exclusive and I need to get the whole group?

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

anyone know if XTR Di2 works with the D-Fly?

if not ill just run the display instead of the 3 port junction

DeiviX

by DeiviX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigTtQYKAkI

All hidden wiring with cassette XO1 and D-Fly, works perfectly

tooFATtoRIDE

by tooFATtoRIDE

Hi, I am trying to figure out whether a 10 speed Ultegra or Dura Ace cassette would work with the M9000 shifter. Any thoughts?

Colin

by Colin

In theory, yes, if you used an XTR M9000 shifter and derailleur, you could probably limit out the 11th click and use a 10 speed cassette. Mountain bike 11 speed uses the same spacing as road 11 speed (albeit with different freehub bodies), and road 11 speed is very close if not the same as 10 speed. So again, theoretically, it should work okay.

Jaroslaw wrote:Slightly off-topic: I have been thinking of getting a Stages power meter in the XTR 2015 version and 2015 Race crankset to match.
However, I would want to keep the rest of 980 series XTR, which is 10-speed, on the bike for a while (it's 1-year old and shows almost no signs of wear and tear).
Would that setup work or is the 2015 crankset 11-speed exclusive and I need to get the whole group?

According to Shimano North America, 11 speed cranksets will technically work with 10 speed groups. However, they stress that if you must do it, use an 11 speed chain, and be warned that there is an increased chance of chain slippage when cross chaining.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com