HELP NEEDED! Custom di2 29 build (very early stage)

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

toiyuet

by toiyuet

I use 2 sets of sprint shifter for my 7970 system.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97360

motorapido

by motorapido

Well the custom rear mech outer cage plate and battery mounts should be back from the anodiser's tomorrow just in time for the weekend, So hopefully i can try out the finished part and complete the build.

Still trying to work out if i can fit a clutch mechanism like Shadow+ into the rear mech, i have the shaft and a suitable needle roller clutch, its working out a way of clamping it into the body whilst allowing a certain amount of slip to adjust on gear changes.
the shadow+ rear mech use a clamped spring band so i'm looking at options based on that principal.

I also need to remove the recently installed ceramic BB92 bottom bracket without damage to route the cables internally in the Scott frame, but i have a spare bearing incase one gets damaged. Will get some photo's done over the weekend and will post some pictures of the setup. I should probably start my own post on the build rather than hijack this one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CaliBuddha
in the industry

by CaliBuddha

Any updates here?

motorapido

by motorapido

I started my own post on this, '29er mega cassette di2', not sure how the original poster is getting on with his build. i have spare mech cage plates if anyone is interested.
but for an update, it works fine and has a couple of months of use now. Still working on getting a shadow + clutch in there with the right load on the clutch. using the Alfine flat bar shifters is probably the neatest way of doing an MTB Di2 install, although the shift buttons are a little larger than ideal.