The lightest DT Spoke....

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

RC

by RC

Hey Everyone,

I have a question I hope someone can answer. Aside from what DT's web site says, has anyone weighted or does anyone know exactly which spoke is the lighter one if they are the same length and the same number of spokes. The DT Revolution 1.8mm/1.5mm/1.8mm or the DT Super Comp? I ask this is because I have already talked to a few bike shop that use DT spokes for their wheel building and 3 out of 4 shops says it is the Super Comp that is the lighter one and they don't carry the Super Comp's in stock because there is little demand for the lighter spoke. There for we cannot weight the Revolution that they do have in stock against the Super Comp.

Can someone help answer this question?????

Thanks, RC.

Cyco

by Cyco

Have never used the Super Comps, only the Revs or Comps. Waiting for Aerolites to arive in Aus as they will be lighter than both. I havn't built with plain guage spokes in years due to their design flaws and as such have no experence with their Ti's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Weighta Minute

by Weighta Minute

I weighed (10) DT rev 2.0/1.5/2.0 262mm length, and the result was 43.5g total. Each spoke weighs approx. 4.35g.