Recommendation needed for shoes with a wide toe box

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Champ5000

by Champ5000

Hi all

Just burned my fingers on a pair of Giro VR90. They got 20 min. of use. before I had to take them off.

If you have a good suggestion for a shoe with a wide toe box I would appreciate the recommendation.

Looking for either laces or boa close and mid to high level.

PM me if you need a pair of black VR90 in size 43.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

island

by island

Hey Champ5000 - I found Bont shoes work well. Nice roomy toe box and narrowish heel - perfect for me.
I have a high arch so they are a little short on the ratchet with an insole, but they are the most comfortable wide shoes that I have found.
They have a good foot sizer on their site (I haven't looked in a while but it should be there).
In running shoes I always use Merrell - the Bont's are a similar foot shaped last.
Diadora also worked for me in the past.
Shimano/Sidi are generally too narrow for me.
Got to try them - shoe fit is subjective....

simoncx

by simoncx

The normal lake mx237 are pretty wide and they make a wide verison. Shimano xc90 and giro vr90 fit me perfect and the normal lakes are too wide for me, they are also a lot bigger in volume all around then shimano or giro. Not sure how mtb diadora's are but I have the road vortex pros and they are alittle wider then giro empires but not even close to how wide the lakes are.

joejack951

by joejack951

My wide feet (2E-4E) like Sidi Megas. Have you looked at the Dragon 4 Mega?

jemima

by jemima

Another vote for Lake MX237.

If you have narrow heels though, you will get a bit of heel lift.
(Not sure if the women's model fixes this).
Curve Grovel ti.

gtinut

by gtinut

Lake MX237 has wide toe box. Wide and regular sizes share same sole but wide size has more volume last.

Ltyarbro42

by Ltyarbro42

Late to the show, but I have always had issues with having a narrow heel and wide forefoot. Bont and Lake both have been excellent fits.

borist

by borist

Another wide guy here... +1 on the Bonts!
Their website have a wide option for all sizes, and then you can heat mold them for a better fit.

froze

by froze

joejack951 wrote:My wide feet (2E-4E) like Sidi Megas. Have you looked at the Dragon 4 Mega?

These worked for me too. I have a narrow heel and so does the Sidi, if you don't have a narrow heel you may want to try a different shoe.

However as we list shoes that are wide a person needs to try them on, hopefully with a someone at a bike shop who knows how to fit shoes to a person. You also need to fit shoes at the end of the day, this is when your feet have swollen slightly, doing it at the end of the day insures that the shoe won't become too tight later in the day. Make sure you take a clean pair of socks you normally ride with.

Shimano R088 wide, Shimano R321, Bontrager RXL, Lake CX has several wide ones but they are pricey, Lake MX100, Northwave makes a shoe called the Omega heel which is for wide heels but they also have a wide toe box, Garneau Montana. A couple of these shoes are MTB shoes, but you didn't specify so I covered a couple of those.

When you find your new shoes you might as well make sure you're as comfortable as you can be, so consider getting a pair of Specialized footbeds, the bike shop dealer can find the right one for your feet with some sort of pressure or heat sensitive plate thing they have.

jlok

by jlok

Shimano shoes wide option. Very roomy.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

gtinut

by gtinut

jlok wrote:Shimano shoes wide option. Very roomy.

fyi. not as roomy as Lake.

Kristinka

by Kristinka

Look at Shimano, Giro or Specialized. They all have wide toe box models.

Junior7

by Junior7

Shimano xc90 is very comfortable shoes.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

DMT shoes run wide. I have wide feet and love my Vega 2.0s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NS