KCNC Z6 Steel skewers 60g

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

sconnie

by sconnie

I've searched and searched, but I can't find reviews on these skewers.They are 60 grams, steel axle and around $40 on e-bay. These look like a good alternative to Ti, but what am I missing :noidea: ? Why aren't more people running these, or at least talking about them?

TimmS

by TimmS

My guess would be that most people just use the ti version because it is lighter...
Also rebranded skewers can be more light and bought for less.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

The Ti are lighter, don't cost much more and work very well indeed. Besides a small cost saving there is no reason to use the steel IMO

sconnie

by sconnie

It seems a lot of people talk about flex issues, and breaking ti skewers. Many try ti then "switch to the old school shimano" because they are super strong (and around 150 grams...). I thought these might alleviate the issues and are close to the ti weights (at least on that end of the spectrum).

DanW

by DanW

Maybe in the distant past but companies like KCNC have really stepped up with how reliable and cheap super light components can be. "Which QR threads" often come up on forums such as here and the KCNC Ti have a reputation for being particularly good/ reliable.