ZTR MMX Podium vs. Rigida Edge MC1

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobo911

by bobo911

I`m just wondering which one of these two rims are better. I have 67kg and I`m planning to build some light custom wheelset under 1200g. So if someone have any experience with one of these two rims, share it, I´ll be grateful!

Cheers!
Bobo
Pedal Damn It!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.F

by Martin.F

I've used the podium MMX for a year and found them great. Stiff enough for my 67kg on XC racing and gravelroads. Never had to true them, but I crashed once and I had to replace the entire rim. Wasn't even a hard crash. I can't comment on the Rigida edge though.

bobo911

by bobo911

I was heard something that mmx lasts for about 3000-5000km or 1-2 years and it´s ony for race days. I will ride it every day not only on a race day. My favorite is mc1 because it´s 20g lighter in average per rim against the mmx. I´m in big dilema now. Or sacrifice a few grams and take Alpine :? .
Pedal Damn It!

Benno

by Benno

I have 20,000+ km's of mostly singletrack over 4 years on my MMX wheels and have trued them maybe twice. Guess it just depends on how you ride. I am also around 67kg.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Hi

What's yours opinions about Rigida Edge MC1 rims? Are they better than the MMX rims?? Price is almost the same,but weight not:)

bobo911

by bobo911

Benno- thanks on the info.
bikemaniack- Mmx coast 19€ more per rim, and yeah it´s a bit lighter ( in average 20g) than mmx. Almost none of review about edge mc1, that would be great to tell us someone (who have it) more about it. I`m still waiting more info. from r2.
Pedal Damn It!

damond

by damond

I've used the ZTR Race 7000 and Podium MMX rims on 26'' wheelsets and have a pair of 29er EDGE MC1 Rims. The rims are not superstiff (well, of course not considering their weight) but if you're in to true them once in a while they're ok!

PS: I have 2 more wheelsets which i switch with the MC1's...

bobo911

by bobo911

damond- just ok? :)

Micha from r2 was answered on my e-mail and says:
"We build a lot of wheelsets with the MC1. Until there are only 1-2 problems from pro riders who use their material without any looses.
But we have no experiences about long durability. The MMX is proven for years. Even everyday riding is no problem with these rims.
The MC1 is approximate 20g lighter each rims, which is much on this level. I think the MMX is the better choice for everyday use".
Pedal Damn It!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com