durable race tire for 29er

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Bontrager XR1 and XR2 have been a solid tire for me, get the Team Issue, and run slightly less air pressure than you would in a Schwalbe.
I thought about running Ikons, however, I have seen the regular model and exo models cut where my Bontragers didn't. If I want a
tire that can't handle riding in the rocks, I'll get Schwalbes.

DanW

by DanW

Bonty really do make great tyres. The only downside is inconsistent weight but the way around that is to buy a handful of tyres and keep the lightest.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martinSL
Shop Owner

by martinSL

szymonef wrote:I agree. In my opinion, Schwalbe Performance line is almost the same as Evolution Snake Skin in terms of flat protection. They are however way cheaper. Performance line is also really easy to set up tubeless.

I would even say that the Perf line has better puncture protection than Evo but I find the Evo line being much more supple and having better grip due to softer compound. These two parameters always change in different directions (puncture protection versus suppleness which often corresponds to the feel, speed, and grip) so one needs to decide what balance of these two (parameters) is the best for her/him. And then there is the price difference.
----------------------------------------------
Racing and Training Cycling Tires
www.tiremaniacs.com