XX1 vs X01 weight savings/price

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

protyne

by protyne

Hi guys I'm considering between a XX1 and a X01 for my new build. From SRAM's site the claimed weight difference between the groupset is 77g coming from crankset/32T/gxp (30g) , rear dee (32g) and cassette (15g). And difference in cost is about $220 from my LBS. Thats $2.85/g savings. :oops:

Most reviews cite they are not able to tell the difference between XX1 and X01 while riding. I'm going with 30T so X01 not able to go below that is not a issue.

Seems like X01 is a winner here for my case? Appreciate your comments.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jacobHansen

by jacobHansen

Get the xo1 setup, works great, and 77grams is not true, it is less, example, cassette is excactly same weight :) r2-bike has the spares

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimmS

by TimmS

In my opinion there is quite a bit of a difference in the feel of the trigger shifter.
While the XX1 trigger makes clear shifts, the X01 feels more soft...

Getter

by Getter

I would just go xx1. The price difference isn't that much. The most expensive piece (the cassette) is the same price. The difference between the rest is fairly small.

protyne

by protyne

Thanks for the inputs guys. Anyone came across actual weight info for the X01? Saw this actual weight review from Bike Rumour and there's some diff with claimed weight and actual weighted.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/12/05/sram-xx1-component-group-actual-weights/