Hollogram sl on Specialized Stumpjumper?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Hi all, first post here but I've been abusing this site a bit via Google search!

So, I've just got a 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er HT, I'm looking to upgrade the crankset to Hollogram sl with an XX spider, I can't seem to find anyone that's previously done this or whether they'll fit. I have zero experience with these cranks or BB/PF30 having come from an XTC (stolen :( ) that had Shimano press fit and XTR cranks.

Can anyone offer any advice, from my Google sessions I can't see a reason why they wouldn't fit if I got the 131mm spindle?

legsrburnin

by legsrburnin

Cannondale BB30 cranks will fit. There are XX spiders available for the Cannondale crank. Remember a Cannondale Hollowgram crank has interchangable spiders.
Here's my buddies Stumpy with Hollowgram cranks-
Lefty heaven

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, at the moment my thinking is the XX spider and rings are the best compromise between shifting/weight/cost, can't help flirting with the idea of dropping the front mech/double and sticking a single ring on there with a top guide as I've only been in the granny once on this bike, could get messy at a longer event though....

Bike looks good with the Hollograms :)