Fox Float CTD Problems

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

by tille72

A friend of mine recently bought a new Scott Scale 910 2013 and it comes with a Fox float ctd fork. The problem is that the forks 3 different settings Climb, Trail, Descent feels almost the same. I have read from other forums that it has been some problems with Fox new CTD system on Scott bikes? has anyone else got the same problem of this kind?

by shill

i have one on my new superfly and it rocks. i work in a bike shop and have not heard anything.

by Weenie

by diesel

Are you experiencing any knocks or loss of rebound?

by Drappo

I have try one time, and i haven't problem.

by afalts

My team has a bunch of Scott's with CTD that all work as advertised. I also have a friend who works at a shop that got a demo fleet (5) of Trek Superfly 100's and not a single one of the CTD systems worked, no change when moving the lever.

by Weenie

by shill

Take the bike to your LBS. I talked with Ed from fox and they are very aware of the problem and wil fix it ASAP. You have 2 options. Have your shop send the fork to fox. Fox will send a 2 day air tag and get your fork back to you in less han a week. The other option is to have fox send the OC Cartridge 2 day air to your shop and have them fix it. It takes about 5 min too install the new cartridge. Do not ride the fork when it stops working. Hope this helps.