Roval wheelset weight on Epic comp carbon 2013

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

markdeep

by markdeep

Does anybody know what the default wheels on the Epic comp carbon weigh? In the bike specification the product is listed as ;"Roval 29, alloy disc, 26mm wide, 32h"

Everyone online people talk about the following wheelset "Roval Control 29, alloy disc, 24mm wide, 32h" which is found on the Expert, it seems these weigh approximately 1750g but not sure about the version I mentioned above and if it's the same? They definitely feel very heavy as I am coming off ZTR olympics...

Secondly, what would you recommended as a light weight decent set of wheels for this bike? Considering the American Classic race or ZTR crest?

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theegeetee

by theegeetee

I've just taken the Roval wheels off my Epic Carbon Comp so they're sitting next to me as I type this!

The rear weighed in at 1178g and the front 958g

That was for the bare wheel with rim tape installed. They do still have the reflectors fitted but I don't have any tools to hand to remove them!

markdeep

by markdeep

theegeetee wrote:I've just taken the Roval wheels off my Epic Carbon Comp so they're sitting next to me as I type this!

The rear weighed in at 1178g and the front 958g

That was for the bare wheel with rim tape installed. They do still have the reflectors fitted but I don't have any tools to hand to remove them!

Wow, I suspected they where 2000g plus for the set, they really do feel bogged down. Thanks for the info man, much appreciated been searching for hours trying to work it out (have no scale @ home)

What you upgrading to?

theegeetee

by theegeetee

Probably going for some Hope Hoops with Stans Crest rims.

Not massively light but pretty light for the price.