Aerozine cranks, any opinion

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I'm considering an Aerozine 2x10 crank for my do-it-all bike. Single front just doesn't cut it on the climbs here, I'm either spinning out the top gear on the flat, or undergunned on the double-digit percent climbs when the terrain gets technical.

The crank I'm looking at is http://www.aerozinebike.com/products98.htm , love that it comes in white too, any opinions? Search says they might not be the stiffest, but that's a minor concern for me, this bike is just for riding around and enjoying it. No hard downhills or airtime.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sstefanov

by sstefanov

I used to run the 3x9 Aerozine cranks. Here is my take on them:
1. The left crankarm was held by a single pinch bolt, which got loose unless glued with loctite. I see that the current design may be different.
2. The are very flexy. When I say flexy - it is like riding with a bent pedal spindle. I was surprised that I could feel the flex, as I am not a strong rider at all.
3. They shifted OK, but nothing comparable to let's say Shimano XT or Sram X.0.
4. They were cheapish, but if you can get a Shimano XT or an SRAM X.0 doubles - I would not bother with them.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

stuka666

by stuka666

In one word, shit.

If you want a crank that is "light" and affordable, KCNC would be my option, followed by the x.0 (a lit better and heavier).

For 280 € the K-TYPE XC2 Blade is a good option, a bit of loctite in the bolts and it runs smooth.

And yes, I am in my 2nd KCNC and tried a aerozine.

nifrodne

by nifrodne

B.O.R germany is the best crank I ever used !
If someone is interested, just sent me a pb, because he doesn"t sell to the usa.

cerro

by cerro

And what else in that category have you tested? Hollowgram SL, Sram XX, FRM, Tune, Extralite?