Replacing battery FSA K Force light triple SRM

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Chiva

by Chiva

I need to replace my battery. This unit is a little different than the ones I've searched out that members have replaced. Any one know how to get the cover off? Do I need to unscrew the lock ring on the crank spindle? Any help is much appreciated.

ms6073

by ms6073

Take a look at DIY SRM Battery Change. The plastic torque cover has a slight lip which is probably obscured by the inner and/or middle chain rings. Once removed, you should see the lip and using a good source of light and possibly a magnifying glass, you will see there very small indentations around the circumference of the plastic torque ring. The torque ring is press fit onto the inner lip of the powermeter and I have used a very sharp shop knife but you can also use a jewelers screwdriver to carefully - plastic is very thin and easily deforms - pry the cover off.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chiva

by Chiva

ms6073 wrote:Take a look at DIY SRM Battery Change. The plastic torque cover has a slight lip which is probably obscured by the inner and/or middle chain rings. Once removed, you should see the lip and using a good source of light and possibly a magnifying glass, you will see there very small indentations around the circumference of the plastic torque ring. The torque ring is press fit onto the inner lip of the powermeter and I have used a very sharp shop knife but you can also use a jewelers screwdriver to carefully - plastic is very thin and easily deforms - pry the cover off.

Thanks! I got the cover off and will replace the battery. BTW, I ended up using a surgical scapel #10 blade b/c the fit was so tight. It's a good design to keep water out. Thanks again for your invaluable help. :D