New Orbea Full Suspension

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CamW

by CamW

It appears Pendrel was riding a new Orbea full suspension at the latest world cup unless I am mistaken.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campbellrae

by campbellrae

She mentioned riding a new dually in the course preview she did for the coverage. Also looks to be running the fox electronic lock out system. Any ideas on when/if this will make it to market?

Shaman

by Shaman

I reckon 26" rather than either 29" or 650b and besides the fact that the shock is mounted parallel to the top tube there's very little similarity to the Epic. Dropout pivot configuration is different and shock linkage is mounted to the top tube rather than the seat tube. Epic also has a split top tube which the Orbea does not.

Not a bad looking bike actually but the fox electronics are well bulky. I know its only the prototype stage but they would want to be working on some serious miniaturisation on that kit.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Does anyone have the above frame?

I am looking for an online shop that sells frames/bikes but cannot find anything that seems legit. Any ideas?

Also looking for a confirmed weight of a bare frame.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

doccoraje

by doccoraje

krzysiekmz wrote:Also looking for a confirmed weight of a bare frame.
Chris.

Not confirmed, but, on Orbea's blog, frame w/o shock 1.5 kg.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

1.5kg is not bad at all just I cannot find any online store selling the frames.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx

DanW

by DanW

There are a few details around.

In 2012 Bike Rumour had a first look at a replica:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/08/27/sneak-peek-catherine-pendrels-wc-winning-orbea-oiz-mountain-bike-prototype/

At a similar time it also popped up on BikeRadar:
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/orbea-oiz-xc-bike-announced-for-2013-34723/

It seems there is no frame only option but the lower end models sell for around £2500
http://www.orbea.com/gb-en/bicycles/oiz-carbon-s30/

I am not sure if a lower end frame is identical to the top end bikes but I'm sure Orbea could confirm this. Seeing as most top end frame are approaching £2000 (SC Blur XC for example) it doesn't seem like the worst deal in the world.

The frame looks gorgeous and is different enough to warrant some serious attention. I would also be very interested if anyone has seen/ ridden one first hand and had real weight... please no good news or my wallet may get lighter too :D

DanW

by DanW

I have a reply from Orbea to say:

Oiz Carbon S (lower end models) frame and shock = 2kg

Oiz Carbon G (higher end models) frame and shock = 1.8kg

Annoyingly they did not answer my question of a frame only option and a few technical questions and instead asked me to contact my nearest retailer. Not super helpful!

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Oiz Gold or G10 is made with a lighter/stronger material at 1.6g/cm sq. It will come in black/blue and black/red color sheme. Fox CTD Kashima or Rock Shox Monarch XX as shock options.

Oiz Silver or S20 is made of 1.7g/cm sq material which also offers less stiffness/strenght. Frame comes in black/white and black red(different from G10). Fox CTD Remote, Fox CTD Remote Kashima or Rock Shox Monarch XX as shock options.

Pricewise it is better to get a full bike. Frames have not been produced yet. Planned production for end og February and beggining of March 2013.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com