sunglasses

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cycleforlife

by cycleforlife

looking for input

on sunglasses cant seem to find a pair that does not through my depth perception off.

someone just told me its from the curved lenses and prescription would be my best bet don't really want to spend 3 0r 4 hundred on glasses for cycling any input on brands would help thanks

julie

kman

by kman

Do you wear prescription glasses normally?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

oakleys are tested for exactly that. dont see how prescriptions would fix it unless you happen to need prescription glasses in general.

thomasmurray

by thomasmurray

thisisatest wrote:oakleys are tested for exactly that. dont see how prescriptions would fix it unless you happen to need prescription glasses in general.

Yes, this definitely helps, Oakley made an innovation to work like a prescription one.

miceden

by miceden

Oakleys are probably your best bet, cant comment on this innovation that they work like prescription but the ones i've had in the past are better than most at getting around this problem... but... if like me you are prone to loosing/breaking glasses with alarming regularity Oakleys become expensive!

Before you spend a whole lot of money on Oakleys, and unless you have already tried them, give the "XLC Maldives" a go... I bought a pair out of pure desperation on a ride and was quite surprised... there is depth perception change but in my opinion, and for my eyes, its minimal, better than glasses for the same money and more, nearly as good as Oakleys.... they dont cost a lot of money and you get 3x changeable lenses for different light conditions.