HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 pm 

hmmmm, I don't seem to be getting good indexing with a SRAM rear mech and cassette - if I adjust so the small cogs shift nicely, then there is not quite enough cablr for the large cogs; and vice versa.

I have used then on a Shimano rear mech and did not have this issue, but then don't Shimano rear mechs pull less cable?

looks like i will have to refit steel cable and use prowercordz just on the front :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am 

Stupid question, but you are using a SRAM shifter aren't you, and it's all setup for the same number of gears? I can't see how a cable could affect indexing unless it's really gritty and siexed up?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am 
  • 1.90 € (including 19% VAT)
  • 843 components by SRAM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm 

I'm running powercordz on the rear myself. No problems what so ever. Either the adjustments are off or you are not using a Sram shifter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm 

I replaced the steel cable that was shifting perfectly by the powercordz - system is SRAM X0 shifter and X0 mech. The shifter housing is all new, mini ilink.

I gave up in the end and fitted back the steel cable. :twisted: I have response from powercordz that seem to imply there can be issues with SRAM (I have identical set up on Shimano that works fine).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 pm 

02GF74 wrote:
I replaced the steel cable that was shifting perfectly by the powercordz - system is SRAM X0 shifter and X0 mech. The shifter housing is all new, mini ilink.

I gave up in the end and fitted back the steel cable. :twisted: I have response from powercordz that seem to imply there can be issues with SRAM (I have identical set up on Shimano that works fine).

Next time I recommend reading the compatibility page on Powercordz web first (http://www.powercordz.com/compatibility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) :smartass:
Mini i-Link Beaded Housing
While Power Cordz™ are great with Alligator’s regular i-Link beaded housing, the inner diameter of the mini i-Link is too small to be compatible. Some riders have used Mini i-Link beaded housing without inner liners and found a good fit. However, without an appropriate inner liner, there is a significant risk of friction between the Cordz jacket and rough inner surface of the Mini i-Link housing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 am 

Kristina wrote:
Mini i-Link Beaded Housing
While Power Cordz™ are great with Alligator’s regular i-Link beaded housing, the inner diameter of the mini i-Link is too small to be compatible. Some riders have used Mini i-Link beaded housing without inner liners and found a good fit. However, without an appropriate inner liner, there is a significant risk of friction between the Cordz jacket and rough inner surface of the Mini i-Link housing.

Ok, I didn't spot that but it does not apply to me. :noidea:

I am using them with a liner - I have the exact same set up except with XT shifter and XTR rear mech on another bike and no shifting issues.

If I get round to it, I will try to compare the mini i-link liner to shimano shifter cable liner to see if there is a difference.

Not convinced at this moment that it is a liner issue though.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 am 
  • 1.90 € (including 19% VAT)
  • 843 components by SRAM