continental race king ?racesport?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

I have ordered some conti RK 2.2 folding from my LBS. They were listed at 60$ CA each. I could choose these (folding version), UST, protection or supersonic. Since I wanted to set them up tubeless I didnt choose the supersonic but went with the folding version. Can anyone tell me if the folding version is actually the racesport version? There was no way I could make sure...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sstefanov

by sstefanov

The folding version is very different one from Racesport. It is made out of different rubber in Taiwan. The Racesport is made in Germany out of Black Chili compound.

Take a look here:
http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/continental/bicycle/themes/mtb/cc_marathon/Race%20King/raceking_en.html

devinci

by devinci

Thats what I thought. For some reason the lbs couldnt order the racesport version. I have changed my order to the protection version. Hope they are great and setup well tubeless

Thanks

blantonator

by blantonator

supersonics are the one you want. The protections don't have the same sidewall compliance, which is what makes it such a great tire. Also I'm not sure they are black chili either.

devinci

by devinci

Does the supersonic sets up well tubeless?

sstefanov

by sstefanov

The supersonics are black chilli and they can be setup tubeless with a bit of patience. Just ride them inbetween shaking and laying on the sidewalls.

Stefan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

OK

ive changed my order to race king protection to go on my everyday wheels. I'll see if I like them, if so, I'll order the SS version.

thanks