HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: DT Swiss XRC 100 Race
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 38
Location: Sweden
I have a few questions about the new (2010) DT Swiss XRC 100 Race fork, the one with a claimed weight of 1170 grams.

1. Is it a race-only fork, or will it hold up for everyday use?

2. CRC lists it both with and without a remote.
2a. Can both versions be locked?
2b. Can the remote be removed?
2c. I assume 1170 grams is without remote. How much extra does the remote add?

3. Will an Extralite UltraStar expander work instead of a starnut?

_________________
Daniel Eriksson
Check out my blog and training journal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: DT Swiss XRC 100 Race
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 1026
Location: Poland/Toronto
Race day only or everyday use-the bushings on mine are gone after a few rides :shock: The front wobbles like having a loose headset, also causing the fork to vibrate when braking.

I have mine with the remote but replaced it with a lighter one. I suppose both forks can be locked out. The remote lockout weights 50g. Can't just remove it and leave a hole there :D

_________________
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:56 pm
Posts: 775
Wow, I can't believe the fork would require so much maintenance! This isn't Formula 1 there shouldn't be any need for those kind of sacrifices to save a few grams on forks :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am
Posts: 12
krzysiekmz wrote:
Race day only or everyday use-the bushings on mine are gone after a few rides :shock: The front wobbles like having a loose headset, also causing the fork to vibrate when braking.

I have mine with the remote but replaced it with a lighter one. I suppose both forks can be locked out. The remote lockout weights 50g. Can't just remove it and leave a hole there :D


From your blog, you have a 2009 DT Swiss fork, rather than the 2010 ones which have (according to DT Swiss) all new internals and don't have the same issues inherited from the Pace air-sprung forks?

I'm ordering an XMC 140 (2010) also from CRC and Madison (UK distributor) says the 2010 forks aren't available till May... so if you really do have a 2010 fork, am really interested in where you got it from! ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:53 pm
Posts: 82
Location: nederland
Some people say the 2010 Forks willnot be available before September 2010.
I read at mtbr.com Nino is riding a 2010 fork race edition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:43 am
Posts: 200
Location: Sapporo City, Hokkaido, Japan
Isn't it the World Champ Edition he's riding (or yet to ride)? I got confirmation from DT Swiss that it has the same internals as the Ltd version, they differ only in their the decals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Norway
I do have Dt swiss xcr100 race ltd for sale, hardly used
Am building my Scott spark now with lefty, send me a pm if interested

_________________
Scott Scale RC
Scott Spark RC
Scott Ransom Ltd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 392
xrc race has 2 version of with or without remote .
different price. retail in 9669 RMB and 9966RMB.

and I believe removing the remote is impossible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:54 am
Posts: 38
Location: Sweden
Thread-bump...

Does anyone know when the XRC 100 Race (2010 model) will be available?

_________________
Daniel Eriksson
Check out my blog and training journal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:54 am
Posts: 57
StanleyJ wrote:
krzysiekmz wrote:
Race day only or everyday use-the bushings on mine are gone after a few rides :shock: The front wobbles like having a loose headset, also causing the fork to vibrate when braking.

I have mine with the remote but replaced it with a lighter one. I suppose both forks can be locked out. The remote lockout weights 50g. Can't just remove it and leave a hole there :D


From your blog, you have a 2009 DT Swiss fork, rather than the 2010 ones which have (according to DT Swiss) all new internals and don't have the same issues inherited from the Pace air-sprung forks?

I'm ordering an XMC 140 (2010) also from CRC and Madison (UK distributor) says the 2010 forks aren't available till May... so if you really do have a 2010 fork, am really interested in where you got it from! ;)



you can get them from here
http://shop.18bikes.co.uk/products.php? ... p721&rs=gb


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am
Posts: 12
andy123 wrote:


Yup, I know... have been chatting with the lovely 18bikes guys and said they arrive today (April 8th)... as I'm also looking to get a Cotic Roadrat! ;) However it looks like the UK distributor (Madison) said that DT Swiss will not have carbon forks (XMC/EXC) with the 15mm axle option as it's stiff enough already.

However, DT Swiss's own website still list them, along with various Continental European (well, Swiss) dealers... eg:

http://www.banditbike.ch/catalog/index. ... &osCsid=57
http://www.bike-import.ch/suche.php?txt ... rch=Suchen

UK-wise, CRC are still listing 15mm carbon ones...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Sear ... +2010+iRWS

... so I've no idea what's happening. I want 15mm for wheel security rather than just torsional rigidity...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:42 pm 
Offline
Shop Owner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 240
Location: UK
Our local Madison rep told me CRC will not be allowed to sell any 2010 DT forks, but the dealers who are allowed to sell them will have some models from next month.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am
Posts: 12
breezerboy wrote:
Our local Madison rep told me CRC will not be allowed to sell any 2010 DT forks, but the dealers who are allowed to sell them will have some models from next month.


Reason being?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:43 pm
Posts: 2033
StanleyJ wrote:
Reason being?
So customers go and buy the forks at full retail from accredited dealers. Rather than getting them from CRC at a significant discount. (CRC will have them, they will just buy them from A.N.Other source. Even if DT Swiss don't want them to.)


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 am
Posts: 4
I already have my forks, but not from CRC, they are this years World Champ Edition, which i believe is the same as the race ltd ?. So far they have been excellent, very very light and very stiff, no noticeable flexing at all !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doccoraje and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. DT Swiss XMC vs. XRC vs. XMM

in MTB

gnosp

2

395

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:25 pm

gnosp View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. FS: DT Swiss Forks

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

LeDuke

0

169

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 am

LeDuke View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. DT Swiss XMM 29 120 - Measures 140mm

in MTB

LeDuke

7

292

Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 pm

LeDuke View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. dt swiss 6 bolts conversion

in MTB

devinci

9

837

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 am

devinci View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. DT swiss lefty wheels

in MTB

Kevin3182

1

379

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:19 am

the_marsbar View the latest post


It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB