Anyone tuned Avid BB7s?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

Was curious if anyone had made a go of tuning Avid BB7 mechanical disc calipers? Already replaced stock pads with aftermarket but I note that there appear to be 2 large and one small bolt that would be good candidates for ti replacements but wanted to check WW before disassembling brand new calipers without checking first.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

lalahsghost

by lalahsghost

ms6073 wrote:Was curious if anyone had made a go of tuning Avid BB7 mechanical disc calipers? Already replaced stock pads with aftermarket but I note that there appear to be 2 large and one small bolt that would be good candidates for ti replacements but wanted to check WW before disassembling brand new calipers without checking first.

There are some pretty elite BB7 threads on MTBR. I have stripped the paint off of mine, but some of these dudes have drilled on theirs. http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/defin ... 65630.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.earthriders.com/viewtopic ... 1&p=122091" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tearing them down completely is easy as pie, and there are tons of places to drill/tweak them :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bradley

by Bradley

All i've done to my BB7 is replaced all the bolts on it for Titainium and the pivitol washers for Titainium ones.

It's been like this for about 2 years now and i have not had any issues with it at all such brilliant brakes.